Brenton announces 2012 – 2013 Scholarship Recipients
Brenton, powered by Pro Mach, is proud to announce the recipients of this year’s Brenton Scholarships, which recognize outstanding academic achievement among children of employees at its Center for Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence – home to Brenton, Currie by Brenton and Orion manufactured products. Eight exceptional high school seniors will each receive a $250 scholarship. The scholarships go to students who currently attend or plan to attend a two- or four-year college or university, or technical school and have a GPA of 2.8 or above.
Brenton started the scholarship program in 1994 as a memorial to Ray Faber, an employee who passed away of cancer in May of 1994. The program continued to distribute one scholarship each year until 1996 when a second memorial scholarship was created in the name of Doug Weber, another valued employee who passed in 1995 of an aneurism. Since 2001 the Brenton Scholarship program has expanded the amount of scholarships distributed each year to include all eligible children of full-time Brenton employees. Since the program’s inception, 85 scholarships have been awarded.
“These scholarships recognize children of Brenton employees for their academic excellence and should be celebrated by our community,” said Ryan Kirksey, Brenton General Manager. “We are thrilled to congratulate and reward them for what they’ve already accomplished, and we look forward to watching them progress as future leaders in whatever careers they choose.”
The 2012 – 2013 recipients of the Brenton Scholarships are:
- Chad Peterson, attending University of MN – Twin Cities, son of Gloria and Greg Peterson
- Kevin Setterstrom, attending North Dakota State University, son of Dave and Carla Setterstrom
- Tyler Koep, attending MSU Moorhead, son of Kevin and Debra Koep
- Madison Groettum, attending South Dakota State University, daughter of Jim and Carmen Groettum
- Colin Domek, attending Alexandria Technical College, son of Jeff Domek
- Jordan Wallin, attending Rasmussen College, son of Jeff and Cindy Wallin
- Cole Johnson, attending Ridgewater College, son of Melissa and Michael Johnson
- Laura Pappenfus, attending North Iowa Area Community College, daughter of Larry and Beth Pappenfus
About Pro Mach End of Line Packaging Solutions
Pro Mach's End-of-Line packaging group offers customers a single source for all their end-of-line packaging needs, from stand alone applications to complex packaging systems. Brands include Brenton case packers, shrink wrappers, robotics, and Currie palletizers; Orion stretch wrappers; Wexxar/BEL case and tray formers and sealers; IPak tray formers and stackers; and Rennco vertical baggers and sealers.
End of Line Packaging Solutions is powered by Pro Mach, a Cincinnati, Ohio based provider of integrated packaging and processing products and solutions for food, beverage, consumer goods, pharmaceutical, and other diverse companies. Through multiple brands, Pro Mach provides product packaging and processing equipment, PMMI certified training, installation, parts, and service in Bottling & Capping, Primary Packaging, Flexible Packaging, Material Handling, Identification & Tracking, and End of Line Packaging.
For more information about Pro Mach visit www.ProMachInc.com